Search my blog!

Thursday, September 1, 2005

About Us

Hi! I'm Courtney! Welcome to my humble home......on the internet!

I am a wife, and a mother of two. I met my husband, Britt, in the spring of 1998 when he opened a Sonic Drive In in my hometown. I was a senior in high school. He was 24.

After quietly seeing each other for a few months, I told my family. He told his. I quit my job. It was late summer. Britt was finalizing plans to build another restaurant. I was accepted to a university an hour and a half from there.

I couldn't imagine actually leaving, apparently Britt couldn't either.......he proposed. I nearly died. Then I said yes!!!
I put off my college plans and began planning a wedding for the following June 19th. Britt kept working on the new Sonic.
My mom turned into Momzilla of the bride! By the time early December rolled around I had somewhere around 49 bridesmaids and wedding colors I hated.

Britt and I had plans to spend New Years in Gatlinburg with another couple. The week before we left, after a long day of wedding planning with mom, I joked that we should just elope. That was all it took! Next thing I knew, Britt had booked a chapel and we were picking out rings! I picked out a simple white gown that only needed to be hemmed. But we didn't tell a soul!
On New Years Eve we called our families from Gatlinburg and told them we were getting married tomorrow. Once they peeled my mother off the ceiling she screamed for an hour. Something about disowning me, and money already spent, and I don't really remember what. I told her I was only calling to give her fair warning, and would she rather me have called her AFTER I was married? She finally conceded.

The next day, two hours before we were to marry, my parents and younger brother came pulling into the driveway of our cabin in a cloud of dust and gravel! My mother jumped out, popped the trunk to reveal bouquets of white flowers, boutonierres, bows, our family Bible, and a unity candle! It was a wedding in a trunk!! Momzilla had been in overdrive for the last 24 hours!!

We married at The Chapel in the Glades on January 1, 1999 in front of our parents, our siblings and their spouses, my grandmother, my aunt and uncle, and two of our closest friends. I couldn't imagine it being any more perfect!

361 days later, on December 27, 1999, our son, Cameron Austin was born!

We had moved to the town we still live in during April of 1999 and opened our 3rd drive in. It is a college town, so I commenced Plan B and started college in August of 2000.

Then in May of 2002, our daughter, Carlie Ann was born!

I graduated from college in December 2004.

We opened 4 more drive ins.

We celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary this January. 2010.

I started this blog for no good reason in August 2008 while drinking a Diet Coke watching SportsCenter! Sometimes I blog about nothing, sometimes its something on my heart, sometimes it's sports related. Sometimes it's about my deer hunting, Skoal dipping husband. Sometimes it's about my mouthy 10 year old son. Other times it's about my 7 year old stinker of a daughter or my "baby" dog, Bentley.

I love the LORD, my family, my Chinese Crested Powder Puff, Bentley, sports, Diet Coke, sewing, scrapbooking, reading, and photography.

Thanks for visiting!

God Bless,
Courtney