Search my blog!

Monday, January 12, 2009

Cancun, Mexico

On Christmas day after all the other presents had been opened, Britt brought me one last present. It was a big wrapped box that had the word "this side up" written on the paper. When I opened it I was SO surprised! Inside was a swimsuit, beach towel, sunscreen, flip flops, a sun hat, and our passports!!! He had booked a trip to Mexico for our 10th anniversary!

We flew out of Atlanta on the morning of the 31st. We landed in Cancun where a car picked us up and drove us out to the resort. When we pulled up, a man met us as we got out of the car with champagne. After we checked in the bellman came to get our bags. He even carried my purse! When I said "no, it's ok". He insisted saying that it was my vacation and while I was there I was the queen! I cracked up! But he wasn't kidding, these people know how it's done!
Britt had organized a whole Anniversary thing, so when we got to our room there was a banner over the door saying Happy Anniversary. Inside, there were rose petals on the bed and around the tub!


The resort was all inclusive. There were 5 restaurants plus room service! We never left the resort! I even had to go to the doctor while we were there. There was one on property. And it was the best doctor visit I ever had!
There were the greatest little straw huts around the beach and the pool. Some of them had beds underneath and some had lounge chairs.

A view of my feet from under my hut

The place was so pretty. The food was fantastic and the ocean was gorgeous!

It looks like the pool runs into the ocean!

There was a pool that ran around outside our room. It had a current like a lazy river that went around the spa that sat on its on little island. Each suite had two floats. It was really nice. Britt never got into it. But I floated around while he took a nap!

Here is the pool outside our room. The spa is in the background. The patio had a bed and table and chairs. It was so great! I laid on that bed and read for a whole afternoon!

Headed out to the airport

It was such a fantastic vacation! The weather was perfect and the staff was excellent and everything else was beautiful!!!

1 comment:

Bryce's momma said...

Courtney- Thanks for your comments on my pics. I love the photography and the idea of making money at what I love, is something that I HAVE entertained. It must be a "God-thing", because you are one of alot of people who have told me that just lately. O.K. God, I get it. lol. I would love to photograph your beautiful babies. I love to just get em' while they are doing their favorite stuff. More natural that way. I am trying to get some photoshop skills so that I can really do some editing. That is where the "art" part comes in. I am excited about it, but want to be careful, because it could consume me easily! My first love is definitley my family. That is the good thing about if I choose to do it myself, because I could hopefully control my pace. God is opening some doors for me and it will all be revealed soon. He has a master plan for the tiniest details of our lives! Your anniversary gift, WOW! What fun! Are you totally zenned out? Britt scored some points, huh? He and I went to the same high school. I graduated in 91. My last name was Whitley. He will remember me. Both of my parents were teachers. So did Dawn (same school). Her last name was Cooper. I knew who Rhonda and Sean were, but they were older. Britt's cousin, Melissa, and I were friends in 5th or 6th grade. She moved away. Well, enough of my diary talk. lol... Talk to ya soon, Tuesday, I guess! Still praying for your family......