Search my blog!

Monday, July 13, 2009

Sick and Tired....

I'm sick and tired of being tired and sick! I started coughing while on a weekend trip to Callaway Gardens with the family. I ignored it, and life went on.
Then on Thursday I woke up feeling particularly crummy. But I went o
n to work anyway. After all, I was paying a babysitter! I had to cut my day short. I visited our Boaz Sonic that morning, but realized by lunch time that I was REALLY getting sick. I drove straight from there to the doctor.
After a couple of tests and x-rays the doctor said I have pneumonia. Pneumonia!! What otherwise healthy 20-something (the"something" makes it sound like not almost 30, right) gets pneumonia in July??

Me. Is the obvious answer.

So, I had to get a shot three days in a row, on an oral antibiotic, and doing breathing
treatments. And I still sound like a 70 year old woman who has been smoking for 50 years!! I've been sitting in my house since Thursday, with the exception of venturing out for injections on Friday and Saturday. I am bored to death. I feel awful. I don't feel like going anywhere. But I don't like staying here.
I'm supposed to get my hair colored tomorrow. Just what I need, inhaling the fumes from hair color. But if you saw my roots you'd understand why I'm willing to suffer through!
To keep this post from being a total pity party, here are some pictures from our Fourth of July trip to Callaway Gardens:

We went on a tour to feed wild animals...

Big, smelly, wild animals......

We went to a Butterfly Garden.....

Where we saw some amazing butterflies....

We played on the "beach"....

and in the lake....

and we cooked out at our cabin, and played guitar, and sang Kumbaya...


we picnicked around the lake and watched a concert and the fireworks show....


We had a good ol' family time!

And then I got sick.

But that's enough about that....

You're welcome.

1 comment:

Bryce's momma said...

Feel better Courtney! You having been running too hard! Take care of yourself! Tee Hee! My word verification to post this comment is "insano". Appropriate for me huh? I seriously hope that you feel better soon. Let me now if you need anything and I will leave it on your doorstep and run away real fast! lol