Search my blog!

Monday, November 9, 2009

A fabulous wedding.....

My cousin got married on Saturday the 7th. It was a beautiful outdoor autumn wedding.

I love this picture.
I love that little ring bearer staring up at the bride and groom.
And I love that weathered brick wall.
Gorgeous.


This is L and her mom before the wedding.
Her mom is my aunt.
My dad's sister.


She was such a beautiful bride.


Her daddy cried when he gave her away.

She started crying about 7 hours earlier, during breakfast!

...and continued throughout the entire ceremony!

My little princess was in the wedding party.


So was I.

So were 14 more of her closest friends and family.

This isn't all the bridesmaids. Carlie took this picture, she cut off two of them on the end!

It was Carlie's first time to be a flower girl!

She did such a good job!

The other flower girl got sick the night before. So another cousin helped out at the last minute. Sometimes its good to have such a large family!

Carlie was mad because she slept in sponge rollers and wore them until 2PM the next day.

I took this at another one of the bridesmaids house before the wedding. 8 of the bridesmaids and the bride and the flower girl got dressed at the same location...with only two bathrooms! Carlie loved this dog, Ellie. She carried her around all afternoon! But aren't they both so adorable!?

But these curls were so worth 17 hours in sponge rollers!!

Cam was supposed to be an usher in the wedding. He also had a playoff game scheduled at 1:30 that afternoon, in a town 40 minutes away. Unfortunately, his game started 40 minutes late and he and Britt missed the entire ceremony! They came for the reception, but we didn't take any pictures. So we had to take a few pictures when we got home! It's not everyday that Cam wears a suit!!

Isn't he handsome?

And almost as tall as I am!

I'm even wearing 2 1/2 inch heels!!

It's certainly not everyday you see Britt in a tie either!

The whole wedding was wonderful! November in Alabama is still pretty warm. Definitely comfortable enough for an outdoor wedding! It was about 74 degrees and sunny last Saturday. Much better than say, a June wedding. In June it's 90 degrees before 8 AM and 100% humidity! November is absolutely perfect! And the autumn floral arrangements were beautiful! And the fall colored bridesmaid dresses were fabulous! I'll have to remember all this when it comes time to plan Carlie's wedding.

But I'm not even going to entertain that notion yet!


Signature

3 comments:

ishatrisha said...

what a beautiful location. i loved the fall colors!

Tracy said...

GIRL!! - I could not look as good as you do if I owned a string of Sonics! And.. high five to another carhop girl.

I just had to back you up on Big Mama's blog re:BBQ. Someone dissed our rep. saying Southern BBQ is tasteless. Amateurs.

Beautiful daughter, love the curls. My little ones has stick straight hair we roll over night and it lasts until oh.... 10 am maybe.

Beth Dunn said...

Your cousin looks great-so do all of you. xoxo
SC